The Unit is responsible for following:
- To exercise oversight responsibility for the overall strategic management of BOST terminals across the country.
- To facilitate regular communication with the terminal management service provider (TMSP) concerning the contract to ensure all KPIs are met
- To monitor both quality and quantities of BOST product stock levels at all terminals across the country.
- Conduct regular product reconciliation with the BDCs, TSL and internally with Fuel Trading and Transmission departments.
Responsible for the distribution of liquid and Gas fuel products in a secure, safe and profitable manner throughout the country whiles effecting the following:
- To first and foremost deliver expert strategy in planning for the most cost effective and efficient distribution of products.
- Ensure that product is transmitted in safe, efficient and effective manner through the utilization of petroleum vessel,
- Barges, Pipelines, Rail Tank Wagons (in future) and Bulk road vehicles.
- Track petroleum product in the transmission chain.
- Exercise oversight responsibility for all logistics planning activities.
- Champion new System Development projects to improve overall logistics Capabilities.
- Drive key initiatives to reduce overall cycle time and reduce cost of operations.
- Develop strategies to ensure that will curb key organizational challenges and also recommend changes to distribution network to facilitate implementation of changes in the long term transmission strategy.